Give us your bio, Who are your top 5 influences, When are your new projects coming out? What helped you get into music? What is one thing you would tell your fans? What are your biggest goals for 2016?
1. Right now today my top 5 influences in music are Jay Z, Nas, Rick Ross, Jeezy & Nipsey Hussle. Jay Z for defeating the odds. The wouldn’t give him a record deal so he signed his self. Great music & a great business man. Nas for his lyricism & the fact that he stayed true to his music. I admire Rick Ross for creating his Maybach empire & his consistency. Jeezy for his music & making the transition from the streets to the fame. Nipsey Hussle for his independence in the music industry. The Proud 2 Pay movement & his music.
2. My new project is titled “The Genco 2”. It’s set to drop this fall. It’s the follow up to my last project “The Genco”. Then I have a new mixtape coming & I’m looking forward to releasing “The Genco 3 in 2017 as well.
3. I love the creation process. The feeling you get when you can touch the people. Hearing somebody recite your words or tell you how your song got them through something. I always had the urge to write & create. My younger cousin was making music & I was blessed to be around it at the time so I just went for it & here I am.
4. I’m here for motivation. Never let anything or anyone stop you from going after your dream. Set goals & go after them. You don’t wanna live with regrets. Fear isn’t real. It’s been placed here to hold us back & it’s like a disease. It spreads easily. People pass it on so much that most of the time they don’t even know they’re doing it. I’m living proof.
5. For 2016, I just want my project to have a great release & get the notoriety it deserves. My single “High” is doing numbers right now. Hopefully the work that I have put down in 2016 opens up a few new doors like tours & things of that nature going into 2017.
My single High was released on iTunes late July. It debuted on VEVO.com 9/20.
Barry Bondz – High: iTunes link:
Video: Barry Bondz – High https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQj90fl6VEY&feature=share