Bio: Joaquin Michael Whitehurst (Born August 25, 1995). Dynasty’s music aims to revive the lost art of lyrical, message baring hip-hop. He manages to bring the classic 90’s flow, content, & overall feel mixed with the new generation’s energy and swagger. Dynasty is only 20 years old and displays the skill level of a polished veteran in the game. March 23rd, 2016 Dynasty made his very first performance at Susquhenna University in front of 150 people at Charlie’s Coffeehouse. His very next performance was May 12th, 2016 at a sold out event, 7k plus in attendance opening up for Future at University of Delaware. 2 days prior to the performance, Dynasty dropped his first professional project ‘First of Many EP’. A month later, Datpiff featured the project in Indy Spotlight on the front page.
1. In no particular order, my top 5 influences off the top of my head (the list is always changing) are Jay Z, Lupe Fiasco, Michael Jackson, Q-Tip, and Tupac.
2. My latest project I dropped a few months ago on May 10th, ‘First of Many EP’ is available on Datpiff, Soundcloud, and Audiomack. My upcoming project is called ‘My Style Ain’t Free’ where I take the all the hottest tracks out right now and put my own twist on it, like Jada did with ‘Jackin for beats’. That mixtape is set to drop before the end of 2016.
3. Music is my first love. I’ve had passion for music before I even thought about picking up a pen and paper. What really started the process though was my ability to write poetry. The more poems I wrote the more confidence I built in my writing. Eventually those poems started turning into songs, I started sharing certain things with my cousin and his boys who already had a rap group (Pashe Records) and they basically took me under their wing and gave me that confidence boost I needed to start sharing my music with the world.
4. I would tell my fans I plan to bring that real hip hop back and I promise to always stay true to the culture.
5. I plan to keep mastering my craft, keep booking these shows, and spread my message to as many people as possible.